November 21 - November 24, 2013
Birmingham Jefferson Convention Complex
Below you will find information regarding shipping and drayage, move-in, set-up, move-out, exhibits and other details about the Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex and the Alabama International Auto Show.
All orders for services, furniture, furnishings, etc. should be placed before Nov. 1st, in order to receive special discount rates, applicable in some cases. Any orders placed at the Convention Complex will not be processed until all advance orders have been filled and cost, in most cases, will be higher. It is also possible that Show time will be too late for certain orders to be filled. Please place orders early!
If information is required that is not found in this manual, please call the Operations Director at the BADA office.
Show Office Telephone will be in effect
Monday, November 18 - Sunday, November 24
(205) 458-8745 and fax:(205) 458-8746
Auto Show Management
Show Producer- Jennifer Whisenant
Administrative Assistant - Heather Whisenant
2101 Providence Park, Suite 150
Birmingham, AL 35242
(205) 980-0540 Fax: (205) 980-0519
Birmingham Automobile Dealers Association (BADA)
Greg Belcher, Auto Show Chairman
Lee Edwards, Chairman
||Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex |
East Halls 1, 2, 3, South, & North Halls
One Civic Center Plaza
Birmingham, AL 35203-3347
|Show Dates & Hours
||Wednesday, Nov. 20 6p-10p Preview Show|
Thursday, Nov. 21 - 12p - 9p
Friday, Nov. 22 -10a- 9p
Saturday, Nov. 13 -10a - 9p
Sunday, Nov. 24 -10a - 6p
||Regular Show Entrance; East Hall |
Door will open to exhibitors one hour prior to Auto Show official hours each day.
||Monday, November 18 - Displays |
Tuesday, November 19 - Displays
Wednesday, November 20- Vehicles
|| Wednesday, November 20, 4p|
|| Wednesday, November 20, 6p|
||Birmingham - Jefferson Convention Complex |
Lobby of East Exhibition Halls
||Sunday, November 24 6p - Vehicles |
Monday, November 25 8a - Displays
Exhibition Rules and Regulations are itemized on the reverse side of the Auto Show contract for Exhibit Space. Building regulations and other general guidelines follow for your information and guidance.
- Ceiling heights in the Civic Complex vary throughout the Halls. It is important that you consider your particular area for ceiling height when planning your exhibit. Ceiling height in Exhibition Hall 2 and 3 is 30'. In Exhibit Hall 1, there is a 17' drop ceiling that comes out from the windows approximately 30 feet. Maximum height for exhibit material is sixteen feet. If there are any questions, please call show management.
- All sales or distribution of food and beverage items must be arranged through the Birmingham-Jefferson Civic Complex.
- Exhibits shall be constructed and placed as to avoid blocking other exhibits. An exhibitor shall make changes in the exhibit, if in the opinion of the Show Management, the exhibit interferes with the rights of any other exhibitor.
- In the event there is any question of the acceptability of a display, plans should be submitted to Show Management for approval in advance to avoid later changes.
- The sound level of presentations must be such that the sound does not cause undue interference with other Exhibitors. The acceptability of such levels shall be the decision of Show Management.
- There shall be no distribution of samples, literature or other materials, other than by Exhibitors, without expressed permission of Show Management. Distribution by exhibitors is limited to their rented areas.
- LIABILITY. Each exhibitor is completely responsible for the condition of his or her rented space. Exhibitor expressly agrees to reimburse the Convention Complex and BADA for any damage to the floors, walls, or columns that may occur in the rented area.
LIABILITY. Exhibitor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Producer, the Sponsor, Owner, Exhibition Hall Facility, City and State in which this exhibition is being held and their officers, agents, employees or assigns against all claims, losses, suits, damages, judgments, expenses, costs/charges of every kind resulting from its occupancy of the space contracted for by reason of personal injuries, death, property damages or any other cause sustained by any persons or others; loss or damage to displays or goods belonging to Exhibitor, whether resulting from fire, storm, acts of God, air conditioning or heating failure, theft, pilferage, mysterious disappearance, bomb threats or other causes. All such items are brought to the Exhibition and displayed at Exhibitor's own risk. It shall be the sole responsibility of the Exhibitor to safeguard against such risk at all times.
INSURANCE. Exhibitor is advised to see that his insurance includes extra-territorial coverage and that he has his own theft, public liability and property damage insurance.
- Displays are to be arranged in such a manner that no part of an exhibit or vehicle shall be closer than 3 feet to: another exhibitor's space, a wall of the building, or an aisle.
- Battery cables on all vehicles on the floor shall be disconnected. Tanks shall be no more than 1/8 full of gasoline. All gas caps shall be taped closed or locked.
- Animals and propane tanks require special approval from Show Management.
- Materials used for curtains, drapes and otherwise used in exhibits must be flame retardant.
- No evergreen plants. No combustion engines. No balloons. No decorations, signs or banners may be affixed to walls, doors, ceilings, painted surfaces or columns.
- Hand trucks, carts or other vehicles with hard wheels shall not be permitted on carpeted surfaces.
- All public access areas, entrances, exits, corridors, hallways, aisles, escalators, driveways, doorways or other shall not be impeded or obstructed.
- This list is prepared as a general guide and is not intended to be all inclusive.
- Display Move-In and Vehicle Move-In will follow a set schedule by line that is included in this packet. Displays move in . Vehicles move-in .
- Vehicle Move-Out will be Sunday (Nov. 11) evening 6PM immediately following the close of the show. Display Move-Out will begin 8AM Monday (Nov. 12) morning.
- All vehicle gauges will be checked to comply with Fire Marshal regulations. Before a vehicle is allowed in the building, a maximum of 1/8 tank of fuel must show on the fuel gauge. Fuel regulations apply only to vehicles on display on the Convention Complex floor. I f using a 12 volt power supply to feature accessories, the horn fuse must be removed so that horns and alarms cannot be activated.
- Vehicles to be displayed on turntables may be brought in when the turntable is ready regardless of Move-In schedules. Check with Shepard Exposition Services.
- "Empty" labels are required and will expedite removal of empty display crates during the Move-In process. Get an ample supply from Shepard Exposition Services' Service Desk.
- Vehicle keys must be turned in to the Show Office each night. One key to the location of all keys will be sufficient. This is a safety requirement.
- Each exhibitor is responsible for placement of window labels required by Federal, State and Local laws.
- No trucks or trailers may be stored on Convention Complex property. A marshaling area will be provided.
- Vehicles may be cleaned before Official Auto Show opening each day. Check with Shepard Exposition Services to schedule times. Minor wiping and dusting is permitted during Show Hours.
- Exhibits must be completed by 4PM, Wednesday (Nov. 07).
- Display vehicles must be removed at 6PM, Sunday (Nov. 111), November . Dismantling of exhibits may begin. Forklifts will be returning crates to exhibit areas during the night.
- Display positioning must be approved by show management. Show management has the right to adjust positioning of all displays.
Security is most important from Move-In to Move-Out. We cannot expect a trouble-free event unless attention is given to these details. The Birmingham Automobile Dealers Association assumes no liability for loss, damage and theft. Exhibitors are required to provide for their own insurance coverage.
EXHIBIT MATERIAL ARRIVAL AT THE SHOW
Exhibitors are urged to have adequate personnel present to receive materials and take inventory. Any irregularity or discrepancy observed in shipments received should immediately be reported to Show Management and to the BADA. Very often exhibits are shipped in advance to the Official Auto Show Drayage contractor. These shipments are to arrive at the Convention Complex on the first Move-In day.
Private security or city police are available through the BADA. Every safeguard should be made to protect your exhibit as well as personal items, particularly small articles that are more subject to pilferage. We urge usage of locked containers, chaining of items, showcases, tarp covering, etc. Articles of value should not be put in a crate or carton that is set aside for "Empty Storage". Pilferage is not uncommon in this instance.
OFFICIAL AUTO SHOW HOURS
Exhibitors should have personnel to cover all hours of the Show and one hour prior to opening daily. Extreme care should be taken to safeguard personal items such as brief cases, handbags, wallets, cellular phones, coats, etc., as well as exhibit items.
Under no circumstances will the Convention Complex or the BADA be responsible for the loss or theft of such articles. Exhibitors should remain each evening until the public has been cleared from the exhibit floor and the exhibit floor has been secured for the night.
Exhibitors may not remove any material or merchandise before, during or at the conclusion of the Show without authorization from Show Management.
Exhibitor must take precautions necessary to remove vehicles from Show Floor. Be sure all drivers have proper identification. Exhibitor should remain with exhibit material until removed from the floor or crated for drayage.
Decorator: Carpet, Drayage, I & D Labor, Furniture
Shepard Convention Services
1531 Carroll Drive
Atlanta, GA 30318
Phone: (404) 720-8600
22622 Lambert Ste. 305
Lake Forest, CA 92630
Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex
One Civic Center Plaza
Birmingham, AL 35202
Display & Exhibitor Pass
Working Pass for Display & Exhibits Personal
Check with Show Office
Complimentary Tickets - Employee Passes
25 per Dealership + 1 per employee
Need business card and driver's license for admittance
Click here to download the PDF